Saturday, June 14, 2014

Isaiah 55 Assignment

Choice 3: Isaiah 55:8–11. The Lord’s Thoughts and Ways
Read Isaiah 55:8–11; Jacob 4:8; 1 Corinthians 2:14–16, and then answer the following questions:

-How is the message of these verses one of comfort?

I think these verses can help us to understand that, although we may not have a full knowledge, there is someone who does. Someone who knows a good path for us and can guide us on that path. Someone who understands the trials and temptations that we go through and can provide us with the strength to get through them. We may not understand why things happen but there is someone who does.  

-How can we come to better understand God’s thoughts and ways?

By working to get to know God through study and prayer. To have a better understanding of God we must first get to know him and understand what he means to us in our lives.

-Give an example of when you have observed a clear example of God’s ways being higher than man’s ways.


A few years ago I got offered a 6 week job that I was very nervous to take but felt very strongly that I should. Even though I really didn’t want to, I accepted the job and ended up being offered a long term position that has so far paid my way through college.

No comments: